[bookport] Re: bookport Digest V3 #259

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 18:30:12 -0400

For the record, each beep represents 12.5% of the file having been
successfully transferred. In the case of books like Audible book files,
there's a lot of pre-processing that has to take place and the beeps
represent 12.5% of that pre-processing, then they start over again when the
actual transfer begins. Each beep (as you'll notice especially when
transferring a text file, when they come really fast) is higher than the one
before, meaning that the process is getting that much closer to completion.
You can find out the status at any time by looking at the window title (JAWS
Key+T in JAWS).