[bookport] Re: audible

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 12:02:35 -0400

Melody:

We worked with them in the beginning, so they do support it.  We had to get
permission from them to make Book Port play their stuff, but you will not see
it listed in their device listings.  I use Audible Manager to download the
books, but I have it set to the setting for "No Device," and I've had no
problems.  However, if you must pick a device, you could pick Book Courier,
because it's similar.  By having the Manager on No Selected Device, you'll
still get Format 4, which is what you want.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> parakeet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 08/16/07 10:57AM >>>
Hi:
I forgot to ask if Audible supports the Book Port.
It is not listed among the device listings.
However, I have read many Book Port users questions about Audible.
Melody.