[bookport] Re: audible

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 10:57:02 -0400

Hi Melody:

The Book Port supports Format 4 with Audible, which are, in fact, MP3 files, so
there is less conversion that has to be done.  Sending times will vary,
depending on the size of the book, of course, but it should be less than what
you are doing there.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> parakeet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 08/16/07 10:49AM >>>
Hello:
I have recorded a book with Total Recorder and realized it takes 4 stages to
convert to MP3 format.
Then it ends up on the Book Port.
Actually, all stages happen on the Book Port.

Can anyone tell me if the download process is as long when using Audible?
Does the Book Port convert Audible books in to MP3 format?
Thanks.
Melody.