[bookport] Re: Transfer question.

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 09:08:16 -0500

Keith:

If you should happen get the files in any desirable order, consider it a =
stroke of good luck. We really can't control the order at this time. Even =
if we could, removing a few files from a folder and sending a few more =
would mess up the order.

Rob Meredith

>>> Kwatson@xxxxxxxxxxx 02/06/05 12:04PM >>>
Hi List,

I noted a post earlier this week that indicated that you could=20
transfer an entire directory from an explorer by right clicking=20
on it and send to bookport. I tried this this morning and found=20
that it worked, thanks for the suggestion. Ah, but ain't it=20
always the way, you find a neat feature you didn't know about and=20
then find issue with it. Here's my issue, and I don't know if=20
this an issue with the fact that I am running the beta or a bug=20
in general. After the transfer I went to the directory that I had=20
just sent, and all the files in there were no longer in order.

the files I sent were all prefixed with 01_ thru 28_ and were in=20
order in the directory before sending. Well as I have them sorted=20
by name they are all in order. How does the bookport transfer=20
determine the order of the files that it sends? I would like to=20
know this as the 28 mp3 files that I sent took up about 450 meg=20
and took forever to transfer, and now I have to go do it the old=20
fashion way of selecting all the files and sending them to an=20
already created directory in order to have them in order. Any=20
suggestions?

--=20
Keith Watson
kwatson@xxxxxxxxxxx=20

Among the major impediments to discovery are not the ignorant
but those with illusions of knowledge.    - B. Alan Wallace