[bookport] Transfer question.

  • From: Keith Watson <Kwatson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 12:04:40 -0500

Hi List,

I noted a post earlier this week that indicated that you could
transfer an entire directory from an explorer by right clicking
on it and send to bookport. I tried this this morning and found
that it worked, thanks for the suggestion. Ah, but ain't it
always the way, you find a neat feature you didn't know about and
then find issue with it. Here's my issue, and I don't know if
this an issue with the fact that I am running the beta or a bug
in general. After the transfer I went to the directory that I had
just sent, and all the files in there were no longer in order.

the files I sent were all prefixed with 01_ thru 28_ and were in
order in the directory before sending. Well as I have them sorted
by name they are all in order. How does the bookport transfer
determine the order of the files that it sends? I would like to
know this as the 28 mp3 files that I sent took up about 450 meg
and took forever to transfer, and now I have to go do it the old
fashion way of selecting all the files and sending them to an
already created directory in order to have them in order. Any
suggestions?

--
Keith Watson
kwatson@xxxxxxxxxxx

Among the major impediments to discovery are not the ignorant
but those with illusions of knowledge.    - B. Alan Wallace