[bookport] Re: Strange happenings

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 08:53:23 -0400

Donna:

Are you still having connection problems?

Rob Meredith

>>> donna.slater@xxxxxxxxxx 04/14/05 04:12PM >>>
Hi
Sorry I've not contributed much recently, but we've moved house, had
serious computer problems and I've also had a spell of ill health.

I bought a new computer back in December.  It's a fast processor with
loads of ram, loads of hard disk space and lots of usb ports.  Bookport
worked fine at first, but this evening when I tried to connect to the
usb port, I was told that a usb device connected to my computer is not
recognised, and that I should install the drivers for it.  I am running
Windows XP service pack 2.  Before deciding to contact the list, I
thought I should try downloading the latest Beta version of Bookport
Transfer and installing it, but this has made no difference at all.  I
still get the same message.

I use my bookport so much each day that I will be lost if I can't
connect it to my computer, so please please can someone help with this
problem.

Another difficulty I am having is that when I try and update my
Bookport whilst running Window Eyes on my computer (i.e. I try and
download the firmware update whilst my Bookport is connected) my whole
system seems to come to a grinding halt!  My husband usually manages to
update the Bookport for me if Window Eyes is not running.  Any ideas
about this anyone?  I should add that I am using Zone Alarm as my
Firewall and AVG as my antivirus software, but Zone Alarm knows to allow
the relevant program to connect to the internet so that bookport can be
downloaded.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Best wishes

Donna Slater.