[bookport] Strange happenings

  • From: "Donna Slater" <donna.slater@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:12:04 +0100

Hi
Sorry I've not contributed much recently, but we've moved house, had serious
computer problems and I've also had a spell of ill health.

I bought a new computer back in December.  It's a fast processor with loads of
ram, loads of hard disk space and lots of usb ports.  Bookport worked fine at
first, but this evening when I tried to connect to the usb port, I was told
that a usb device connected to my computer is not recognised, and that I should
install the drivers for it.  I am running Windows XP service pack 2.  Before
deciding to contact the list, I thought I should try downloading the latest
Beta version of Bookport Transfer and installing it, but this has made no
difference at all.  I still get the same message.

I use my bookport so much each day that I will be lost if I can't connect it to
my computer, so please please can someone help with this problem.

Another difficulty I am having is that when I try and update my Bookport whilst
running Window Eyes on my computer (i.e. I try and download the firmware update
whilst my Bookport is connected) my whole system seems to come to a grinding
halt!  My husband usually manages to update the Bookport for me if Window Eyes
is not running.  Any ideas about this anyone?  I should add that I am using
Zone Alarm as my Firewall and AVG as my antivirus software, but Zone Alarm
knows to allow the relevant program to connect to the internet so that bookport
can be downloaded.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Best wishes

Donna Slater.