[bookport] Re: Recording readers

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:08:35 -0600

The thing that concerns me about the PlexTalk is the following sentences
from their literature.

"G 24x Ultra Speed CD-RW media and 32x Ultra Speed Plus CD-RW media are
        not supported. Please use max 12x high-speed CD-RW media."

I think there will soon come a day when 12 speed CD-RW disks are not
going to be available.  It's a rapidly changing market and unless they
come out with new hardware, I think their life span will be shorter than
one thinks.  It's a great unit.  There are obviously other professional
and non-professional recorders out there.  I just auditioned 3 of them.
But they cost a lot more and they don't say a word.  You just have to
cram your head full of menu items and hope you're not having any of them
for dinner.

Neal