[bookport] Re: Question

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 00:57:59 -0500

Note that HTML files don't always convert to text files. The ones from Gutenberg do, for instance, but the ones from Blackmask don't.

At 06:59 PM 8/25/2006, you wrote:
To send a DAISY book from Bookshare, send the file with the file extension
of .opf, but note that you must have the Book Wizard Reader program
installed. I don't like to send HTML files, since this takes a very long
time as the HTML is converted, so what I do is bring up the HTML file on the
PC in Internet Explorer, press ALT+F followed by the letter A, and save the
output as a plain text file. Files with the .txt extension are loaded to the
BP faster than any other file format.