[bookport] Re: Preferring Synthetic Speech to Human Narration

  • From: Chris Hill <hillco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:18:37 -0500

I'm with you.  Seems to me that human narration can add something to
material sometimes, but it is rare.  I must admit the guy who narrated
the first few of Stephen King's Dark Tower series made it better than
it probably would have been, and I happen to like Roy Avers reading
military books.  Other than that, I'll stick to electronic speech
whenever possible.