[bookport] Re: Preferring Synthetic Speech to Human Narration

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:44:40 -0500

Fast food. I still prefer meals you don't have to unwrap. Fast listening when it comes to books? Gulping down books gives me no pleasure at all. If I had to read a technical manual with the Bookport, I wouldn't learn a thing at the highest speed setting. I have to have time to think about what I am reading. As far as a narrator is concerned, if I am reading a novel like, Les Miserables, I would like someone to read it to me who knows the French pronunciations of the names and places.

At 08:33 AM 7/13/2005, you wrote:

Hey, could more speed ever be possible?  I'd like it if it were.

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:07:13 -0400, you wrote:

>I am quite surprised about the number of people that prefer the
>synthetic speech.  I have long been in this camp, but I thought I was
>the rare exception.  It is good to learn that I am not all alone with
>this prefereence, and this is good information to know as we continue
>product development on this and other tech products.

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A