[bookport] Re: Page numbers getting out of sync

  • From: buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Buhrow)
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 11:12:57 -0800

        Hello Walt.  The bug is inconsistent.  I do not know what triggers it,
but I think it has something to do with switching between indexed MP3 files
and text files.  Sometimes it works fine, as you describe, and sometimes
the problem is most annoying.  Do you read only text files, or do you
sometimes read indexed MP3 files?
-Brian
On Feb 9,  2:05pm, "Walt Smith" wrote:
} Subject: [bookport] Page numbers getting out of sync
} This was reported yesterday as a desired fix and try as I might, I
} absolutely cannot reproduce it using the latest beta. I have a book in .txt
} format that contains, according to the BP page counter, 559 pages. No matter
} what page I position myself at using straight reading, text search, or the
} next/prior page keys, the counter is always in sync with the text. I've
} randomly picked a page number to go to, then noted a string of text on that
} page; then, gone back to the start of the file and searched for that string
} and the page numbers are always the same. Yesterday's report was the first
} time this issue has been reported since I subscribed to the list over a year
} ago.
}
}  --
}  Walt Smith - Clearwater, FL