[bookport] Re: New to list with a question

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 10:29:24 +1200

Hi Bill and list:

I think the book port should solve the problems you've found with the Ipod.
I've used my book port with Audible material very satisfactorily. The only
thing to be aware of is you won't get the suggested battery life if you use the
book port primarily for Audible. This is mentioned in the manual which you can
read on the APH web site. You may improve battery life by using Lithium
rechargeable batteries if you want. But again, there is a tradeoff. Remember
that the battery gage will not be accurate if you use rechargeable batteries.
This is also mentioned in the book port manual.

The book port is great. I only wish Audible weren't so restrictive with
availability of material to international customers. But no one can win them
all anyway, can they?

Cheers,
Dave