[bookport] Re: New firmware

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 14:59:48 -0400

Joni:

You must be a beta tester, although you didn't know it. You can't
become one accidentally.

We, interestingly enough, don't have a simple way to get the last
release version, or to stop being a beta tester. Here are your choices:

1. Get the beta firmware and be happy till the next release. (It is
stable, and shouldn't give you any trouble.)
2. download www.aph.ort/tec/bp_setup.exe, uninstall your current
version of Book Port Transfer, install the one you just downloaded, and
let it check for firmware updates.

Rob Meredith

>>> joni.colver@xxxxxxxxxxx 06/08/05 02:48PM >>>
I generally don't connect the Book Port while online, but since I have
a new
cable connection I was notified of updates being available.  I updated
the
transfer software.  Then I was notified of a firmware update but it
said it
was a beta version.  I have not yet installed the latest final release
of
firmware version 2.  I am not signed up for beta testing so did I
misunderstand that it was a beta?  I did not proceed with the download
and
installation because I was confused.  Is there a beta firmware
available for
download?  If so, why was I notified of it since I am not a beta
tester?
Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Joni