[bookport] Re: New firmware

  • From: "Joni Colver" <joni.colver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 15:34:21 -0500

Rob I am the only one who uses this computer.  If you knew me personally you
would truly laugh at the idea of me being a beta tester!  While I appreciate
the work of beta testers I have always said that beta is, after all, a
four-letter word.

I thought that there would be a final release version of the firmware
available to non-beta testers and a separate beta version for beta testers.
I wonder if perhaps once a beta is released the previous final release is no
longer available for download?  If this is the case then me waiting so long
to update may have caused the problem.  Is there only one version of the
firmware available at any one time, be it final release or beta, or is there
a final release and a beta simultaneously available to different users?

Joni