[bookport] Re: Micro drives

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 23:17:31 -0600

You should be able to do what you want, just as long as Windows recognizes your external drive. Tell Bookport Transfer where you want to look.

At 11:11 PM 1/5/2006, you wrote:
I think the original question might have been intended in a different manner than has been interpreted, and this is something I, too have wanted to know. If I'm misinterpreting the question, accept my apologies, but if anyone can answer mine, please do. If you connect any sort of external drive to your computer and populate it with prospective Book Port files and folders, can they be accessed in the usual way using Windows Explorer or the Book Port software? I've wondered this for some time and have considered acquiring some sort of peripheral memory. I have four or five gigs of text and BRF files and twice that amount of audible stuff, and would dearly love to move this to an external source. Moving it to CD's is ok, and I have zipped copies of most things on CD's, but many of my folders are too large to be accommodated by a CD in an unzipped format. I'm supposing that any type of drive can be accessed by Book Port, external or otherwise, but if anybody knows for sure, please let me know.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>