[bookport] Re: Micro drives

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 12:50:56 -0600

Walt, I think you're right in this assumption, but I must say that I
have never seen a type II flash card that was not a micro drive.  That's
not saying they don't exist, but my guess is that the only reason to use
type II is to enable the movable drive to be contained in the card.
After all, type 1 cards can hold up to 8 GB so why would one want a type
II flash card.  I'm just hypothesizing here, so take my rambling with a
number of grains of salt.

Neal