[bookport] Re: Good Price on Compact Flash

  • From: "Gary Wunder" <gwunder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 10:27:59 -0500

I think this rebate issue is not a simple one. I've applied for and gotten many rebates, but have to say it hasn't been without difficulty. I've had to spend a lot of time on the telephone and not only because of long times on hold but also because of being disconnected 20 minutes into a call. I've had rebate requests returned to me saying they needed my original receipt. I've had them returned to me with the box checked saying "No receipt enclosed." Luckily on that one, they sent back the same receipt I had sent them.

So though it is not impossible to get back a rebate, it isn't a certainty, and my experience is that it always required work I don't anticipate having to do at time of purchase.