[bookport] Re: Fun facts

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:20:59 -0400

Oh, there is some content where this is not an option, or the publisher
will not allow us to use any of their content on the device.  We already
see this situation for RFBD and audible.com.

>>> dogriver@xxxxxxxx Tuesday, October 25, 2005 12:54:02 PM >>>
It may be, but sometimes that's the only way to get permission to use
certain types of content. With NLS's impending
sometime-in-the-Millennium
move to digital, any hope that the Bookport has of being an option for
NLS
books lies in this sort of measure, as NLS will no doubt insist on it.
An
evil it may be, but I submit it's a necessary one.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx