[bookport] Re: Fun facts

  • From: "Richard Ring" <ring.richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:11:21 -0500

Thanks, Larry!  I didn't think that this would be a policy that made a
lot of sense.
There used to be a piece of software manufactured by a German company.
The software was a Braille screen reader for Windows.
It would only work with a Braille display that was also manufactured by
this company.  At the time, their least expensive Braille display went
for about $8000.
The software went for another $1000.  Yet, the software was copy
protected.
Always found that one strange, in that if you didn't own this expensive
piece of hardware, their software wouldn't do you any good anyway.
Talk about overkill!