[bookport] Fun facts

  • From: "David Bennett" <david382@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 15:18:25 -0500

Hello, everyone,

Some of you know that I've been waiting impatiently for my first Book Port to arrive, and have wondered about its similarities to, and differences from Book Courier. Well, my unit got here on Friday, and I filled the supplied CompactFlash card with a variety of files. On a whim, I removed the card and placed it in my Book Courier, and it works in that device equally well. Even the section navigation markers are recognized and respected. If any of you own both devices, and I know at least one of you does, just remember that Book Courier doesn't yet support HTM or HTML files. Everything else which I had on the Book Port card worked just fine, including MP3 files with time and pause compression. This message, of course, is merely intended to say, "If you own both devices but have been dissatisfied with your Book Courier purchase, take hope. Book Port's transfer software is about a hundred times easier to use, and you can certainly populate a card for Book Courier using this software, even though the device initially receiving the data will be the Book Port. Files from Audible.com, you must remember, will only play on a specific activated device. I did find it interesting that when I performed time and pause compressions on Book Port's MP3 User's Manual, it played equally well in either machine.

Just a bit of trivia, kind of like getting lost in a strange country and getting to see a few things not generally reserved for tourists.

David Bennett
Cassville, Missouri