[bookport] Re: From Maria.

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 06:32:31 -0500

The Bookport is not in production. What was updated last April was the software that comes with the Bookport called Bookport Transfer. There are people who are selling their Bookports. That will be your best way of buying. APH would certainly have no reason to lie to you about the Bookport not being produced any more. No matter how badly you want one, I'm sorry. These are the facts. Again, maybe someone will sell you theirs.

At 12:45 AM 6/28/2008 -0400, you wrote:
Hello everyone. I am new to this list and I hope it's OK asking questions on the Book Port.

I am a doctoral student at Boston University and i have been trying to buy a Book Port. Today I tried calling the APH office but i got a lady who kept telling me that they don't sell the Book Port at this time. No matter how hard I tried to get her to say more, she seemed to be stuck on that phrase and would say it over and over again. i believed that meant that the Book port is out of production and that there was no chance of finding it anywhere any more. So i gave up. However, on checking the APH page, I saw there was an update last April. I can't believe the thing was updated and then production was discontinued in two months. Why would anyone do that?

Please let me know if you can help me on that and sorry for the stupid question.

The fact is, I really need one soon and I was hoping to learn its price and get it ASAP if I could afford it.

Thank you in advance.
All the best,
Maria.

Sandy Licht
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.