[bookport] Feature Request - Number of Files in folder

  • From: "Peter Torpey" <ptorpey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:42:03 -0500

I've finally gotten into podcasting and listening to podcasts on the
Bookport - Really neat (and easy!)

Anyway, now that I find myself automatically downloading more and more
files/podcasts into their respective folders on the Bookport, I often want
to know how many files/programs are being stored in each folder.  Since I
don't always get around to listening to a group of podcasts, many programs
may collect in a folder before I have a chance to listen to them and delete
them.

Thus, a feature I would find useful is a keystroke to announce how many
files are in a particular folder.  I'm thinking that a single press of the 8
key might be made to announce the number of files contained in a folder when
the Bookport is pointed to a folder name.  Currently, hitting 8 when on a
folder name in the Bookport does nothing, so there is an open place for
doing something like this or something similar.

-- Pete