[bookport] Error: 'Date and Time not Set'

  • From: Emai7s <emai7s@xxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:36:33 +0200

Dear APH staff,

For some reason the Book Port recently lost its ability to keep time.

I can set the date & time and everything initally appears to be fine, but if I check the time a few hours later I get the error message: 'Date and Time not Set'. And when I briefly press the '0' button and then press it again to return to Reading Mode, I get the error message: 'Invalid date error occurred alarm disabled'.

So far I've reinstalled the latest version of the firmware, re-formatted my SanDisk 2GB CF card as well as deleted my Memo folder and the 'ALARM._BB' file. Nonetheless, after resetting the date and time, the Book Port will initally give the right time for a few minutes or even an hour, but then all the error messages reappear.

This problem is very bothersome since it means that the Book Port's alarm feature doesn't work at the moment, and I've come to rely on these alarms.

I would appreciate any help/suggestions.

Peter