[bookport] Re: Error: 'Date and Time not Set'

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:26:04 -0400

Peter:

You could try taking out the flash card, do a reset with 2 plus b,
re-insert the card and do a second reset.  If you've already reformatted
the card and you're running Version 2.3, there's probably nothing else
we can suggest.  Try the Reset with no card and see if that helps.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> emai7s@xxxxxx 09/18/06 06:36AM >>>
Dear APH staff,

For some reason the Book Port recently lost its ability to keep time.

I can set the date & time and everything initally appears to be fine,
but
if I check the time a few hours later I get the error message: 'Date
and
Time not Set'. And when I briefly press the '0' button and then press
it
again to return to Reading Mode, I get the error message: 'Invalid date

error occurred alarm disabled'.

So far I've reinstalled the latest version of the firmware,
re-formatted
my SanDisk 2GB CF card as well as deleted my Memo folder and the
'ALARM._BB' file. Nonetheless, after resetting the date and time, the
Book
Port will initally give the right time for a few minutes or even an
hour,
but then all the error messages reappear.

This problem is very bothersome since it means that the Book Port's
alarm
feature doesn't work at the moment, and I've come to rely on these
alarms.

I would appreciate any help/suggestions.

Peter