[bookport] Re: Double Trouble

  • From: buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Buhrow)
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 06:40:17 -0800

        What happens when you take out the batteries, leave them out for a
while, put them in, and plug the unit into your USB port?
-Brian
On Dec 2,  4:36am, "Pratik Patel" wrote:
} Subject: [bookport] Double Trouble
} Hello,
}
} I'm using the latest beta of Bookport. And here's the problem:
}
} All of a sudden, a few days ago, Bookport started acting very strange.  It
} would stop plaing in the middle of an Audible File.  When trying to move
} between files, Bookport would not recognize the file as being anything.  The
} file was renamed to a null value automatically.  Taking the CF card to the
} computer and performing chkdsk resulted in it reporting file corruption.  I
} performed chkdsk to have the corruptions fixed.  I never recovered the
} original files that I was playing and had to use Bookport Transfer to reload
} the files.  The same process occurred once again yesterday.  Then, all of a
} sudden, I find that the Bookport is not responding at all.  I receive a
} message when I put in fresh batteriesregarding the version and that the
} bookport is ready.  However none of the keys are responding.  The batteries
} are fully charged.  Not even a newly-formatted CF card makes a difference.
} When plugged into Windows, the OS refuses to recognize the device, informing
} me: "USB device not recognized:  One of the USB devices attached to this
} computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.  For
} assistance in solving this problem, click this message."
}
} The next thing I was going to do was to reload 2.1 firmware to make sure
} that this firmware wasn't causing the problem.  Before I could do that,
} however, Bookport refuses to be recognized.
}
} I hope someone can shed some light on it.
}
} Pratik
}
}
}
}
} Pratik Patel
} Director, CUNY Assistive Technology Services (CATS)
} The City University of New York
} pratik.patel@xxxxxxxxxxx
}
}