[bookport] Double Trouble

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 04:36:28 -0500

Hello,

I'm using the latest beta of Bookport. And here's the problem:

All of a sudden, a few days ago, Bookport started acting very strange.  It
would stop plaing in the middle of an Audible File.  When trying to move
between files, Bookport would not recognize the file as being anything.  The
file was renamed to a null value automatically.  Taking the CF card to the
computer and performing chkdsk resulted in it reporting file corruption.  I
performed chkdsk to have the corruptions fixed.  I never recovered the
original files that I was playing and had to use Bookport Transfer to reload
the files.  The same process occurred once again yesterday.  Then, all of a
sudden, I find that the Bookport is not responding at all.  I receive a
message when I put in fresh batteriesregarding the version and that the
bookport is ready.  However none of the keys are responding.  The batteries
are fully charged.  Not even a newly-formatted CF card makes a difference.
When plugged into Windows, the OS refuses to recognize the device, informing
me: "USB device not recognized:  One of the USB devices attached to this
computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.  For
assistance in solving this problem, click this message."

The next thing I was going to do was to reload 2.1 firmware to make sure
that this firmware wasn't causing the problem.  Before I could do that,
however, Bookport refuses to be recognized.

I hope someone can shed some light on it.

Pratik

Pratik Patel
Director, CUNY Assistive Technology Services (CATS)
The City University of New York
pratik.patel@xxxxxxxxxxx