[bookport] Difference between navigating in Daisy and .brf formats

  • From: Judy Wilkinson <jwilkins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 10:35:54 -0400

I've had my bookport for a couple of years now and almost since day 1, I've downloaded .brf files from NLS and Bookshare and read them happily. But lately, I've heard so much from those using Daisy, I thought I'd download a Daisy version of a book from Bookshare. I read it but found no difference from reading the .brf version. People have been saying "Oh you'll love using Daisy!" I've also received .txt versions of the New Yorker and BookWorld thanks to Will Smith, and with the A+D and C_F commands, I can move from article to article as "next article" is the text by default in the options menu on the Bookport software.
Could someone please answer this simple basic question: what is the difference between reading and navigating between daisy and .brf or .txt files? I realize I'm missing something here. So I'd love to know why Daisy is better.
Judy Wilkinson