[bookport] Re: Difference between navigating in Daisy and .brf formats

  • From: Robert Carter <r-carter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 12:59:33 -0500

Hi Judy,

The difference between daisy and dot brf is all about markup. It is likely that most novels on bookshare do not have much daisy markup to indicate chapters and pages and subsections. If, however, you download both the daisy version and brf version of the New York Times, you will see that the daisy version will allow you to jump from section to section and from article to article within a given section. The brf format does not have this level of markup.

Robert Carter