[bookport] Re: Device Activation on Audible

  • From: "Michael Hingson" <MHingson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:25:25 -0800

As near as I can tell the only reason for setting a device is to tell
Audible what format to use when you download books.  For example,
setting the Audible Odis as your  device will cause the format default
to be set to format 3.

I too set my Audible to "no device" and then make sure format 4 is used
for downloading.