[bookport] Re: Can't transfer .htm file to bk...

  • From: Norm Gardner <norm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 11:43:04 -0700

Walt,

I have MS Word installed, but I cannot open this .htm file in MS Word. I think it has something to do with the "active content" problem. If I try to open this file in Kurzweil I get an error message that Kurzweil has encountered a problem and has to close...

It's frustrating because from "My Computer" I can click on the file and it opens just find and I can read it. It has headings marking sections and chapters. I was hoping to transfer it to the bookport in such a way to preserve the navigation marks. I assume I would have to open it in Kurzweil and then save it as a Daisy file, but... I can't seem to open it anywhere but on my computer with "My computer".

When I do that, it seems to open it with Internet Explorer.

 Thanks for your help...

Norm Gardner
At 11:02 AM 12/28/2006, you wrote:
Do you have Microsoft Word installed on that computer? What happens if you
attempt to transfer a file with a .doc extension? I'm not 100% sure, but I
think that in order for .htm or .html files to work on the BP, you need to
have Word installed.