[bookport] Re: Bookport load of problems.

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 10:54:14 -0600

I am an experienced computer user.  It won't do any good for you to send
the updated files.  I've tried reinstalling them, since, at this point, I
have nothing to lose, but it hasn't worked.  I'll just have to wait and see
what APH says.

Thank you for your offer, though.

At 09:00 AM 2/13/2005, you wrote:
>Wish I could help. My suggestion next time is to not download
>the beta updates for either the software and firmware unless you
>are vey experienced pc user. Beta means bugs and errors are
>coming.
>
>Not sure but maybe APH can send you the latest official firmware
>file or files to you via email attachment and re-install the
>working files to your BP and before doing this call APH.
>
>--- Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I just downloaded and installed the beta firmware.  Now I am
> > getting a
> > series of strange error messages.  When I go to the settings
> > menu, the
> > Bookport locks up.  Whenever I press 1 and 3, it says, "IE
> > read
> > error."  Apparently 1 and 3 will still lock the Bookport, but
> > whenever I
> > unlock it, I get the message: "Error saving voice
> > recording."When I go to
> > the settings menu and try to change anything in there, the
> > Bookport
> > freezes.  I am also getting the message: "TTS lock up.
> > Firmware
> > error.  Condition in."  I can remove the batteries and get the
> > Bookport to
> > do some things, but it is really unacceptable the way things
> > are right
> > now.  I have changed out the memory card, but that doesn't
> > help at all.
> >
> > If there is something I can do before I have to send the
> > Bookport back for
> > repairs, someone please let me know.  In other words:
> > HELP!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > Sandy Licht
> > Phone: 409-898-8218
> > Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
> > 11For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They
> > are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future
> > and a hope.
> > 12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look
> > for me in earnest,
> > you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you,"
> > says the
> > LORD...

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218