[bookport] Re: Audible question

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 18:53:00 +1300

Hi Joan and list:

This is not going to have a bunch of numbers in it that will multiply out or anything. But wanted to make an observation or two about Audible books. If a book will fit into a file that will be around 100 Mb, it will be in one part. If it requires more than that, they tend to split it into parts that are around 100 Mb in size. I've never found a part of Any Audible book to be much bigger than 100 Mb, so I think that's a kind of benchmark that they strive for. That includes books of Eopc Length such as Tolstoy's War and Peace, which indeed you can buy from Audible. Whatever the size, it is a good service when you can find books that are interesting. I was a bit worried about that when I first signed up because I was aware that not living in the US meant restricted me from a considerable amount of what they offer, but I've always been able to find something I wanted and my disappointments with the service have been few over two years or so that I've held a subscription.

Cheers,
Dave
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joan Katz" <jkkatz@xxxxxxx>