[bookport] A Problem I Had Recently Encountered Today!

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 17:01:53 -0700

Hi I joined your group today and was just wondering if anyone can give
me some tips for trouble shooting a current problem I just encountered
today? The problem is:
When I attached my book port to the computer via USB, instead of
checking for updates and what-not, it gave me the following error
messages I've never seen before and I have version 02.03.00.00 and
that is the firmware I currently have since I had last had a chance to
update it. The serial number is: 1010007269. I also have the following
version for the transfer software which sounds alarming to me and the
version number is: 2.0.0.0 and it is telling me that the latest
version is: 2.3.1.0, but as I was browsing APH's site it was mentioned
that book port firmware is 2.4, and it is no wonder I'm recieving
these following messages which sounds like jibberish to me, so was
just wondering is there a way to repair this hurdle and what does this
all mean?
These are the messages I'm hearing from JAWS and yes I'm totally
blind, but that is beside the point. I'm hearing the following:
book port transfer dialog 5 Can't create F:\bp_doc.txt._IX
Access is denied. Ok button.

Once I push ok it says the same dialog. then I hit ok again and then
the following dialog is heard:
update dialog: There is an update for book port transfer. You are
currently using version 2.0.0.0. The latest version is 2.3.1.0. Do you
want to install the update now? and there's a yes button, no button,
and a details button. I press yes and nothing happens. What do you all
suggest me to do, I'm running out of ideas, is there a way to solve
this scenario and if so how does one being totally blind go about to
trouble-shoot it?-
Chela Robles
E-Mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx
SkypeName: jazzytrumpet