[bookport] Re: 4 GB card and BP performance

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 08:56:56 -0400

Hi:

Yes, try reformatting on the computer.  Then, put it back in the Book Port and
if you're still having problems, try formatting again on the Book Port.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> sseric57@xxxxxxxxx 09/05/07 05:42AM >>>
I have to admit, I am not a heavy user of my BP.  But, I have a 4GB card and
had not noticed any real problem.  Until recently...

I just subscribed to Book Share recently.  So, I have been putting maybe six
books at a time on the BP.  I basically have nothing else on it, so there is
hardly anything when considering it is on a 4GB card.  At first I thought
this problem was because I had the books in the root directory, but then I
created a Books folder and the problem persists.

I stop reading for a time, maybe hours or maybe just minutes, and when I
press read again, nothing happens.  If I press and hold a key, I can get
about a half a beep.  I have tried pressing the four corners, not minding if
it reformats at this point, and nothing happens.  I have taken out the
battery and put it back and no fix.  I try more keystrokes and then pop the
battery again and when I replace it I get the message the BP was restored to
defaults, etc.  However, the time is correct and I am left at the spot where
I last was reading.

It only seems to cause a brief moment of panic and then frustration, and
finally wonder that everything is back to normal.  Maybe I should try
reformatting the card in the computer?  Any ideas will be appreciated.