[blindza] Re: Easy way to Internet, please!!!

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 08:49:33 +0200

With regards to iBurst, and it's inaccessible connect button, after the first
time it's been clicked on by someone, you should be able to find a form of
virtually rendered network connection under 'my network', which you can make
appear on desktop, and this then lets you sort of initiate the connection
process - or did while I was still using iBurst a little while ago.

Aside from that, my one form of internet connection backup is using my nokia
N82, or 6680 with the sort of accessible version of nokia PC suite, which you
can find on the blindSea mobile corner third edition software page, marked as
such - Nokia PC Suite version 7.0.9.2:
http://www.blindsea.com/3software

Effectively, that one lets you connect to the 'net using the file menu, instead
of some stupid unlabeled button.

I generally though use an ADSL connection, where the ADSL router, which is
hooked up to the telephone line is connected directly to my primary PC using a
normal network cable, and that was quite easy/simple to configure, and this
specific ADSL router is actually also a wireless networking gateway/router, so
2 other computers here also use the 'net via simple wireless network adapters
that are quite funny since the USB port part is bigger than the actual wireless
network adapter part of them, but anyway.

Lastly, if using jaws 13, on that iBurst app, if you try jaws key + space bar,
then hit the letter O, and then the letter W, it should try carry out optical
character recognition on the currently focused window, and then switch over to
jaws cursor, and read scanned parts of the screenshot in one of the SAPI
voices, but that might let you navigate to, and click on something like that
connect button yourself.

I do have the OCR applet for NVDA also installed on the portable version of
NVDA that run on my primary machine, but, haven't really tested it too much as
of yet, but, effectively, it seems like once it's installed, insert + R
performs OCR on the currently active window, and then insert + numpad 3 key
seems to route NVDA to the reading window, etc. etc., or something, but anyway.

HTH