[blindwoodworker] Re: Work Bench

  • From: "Tom Hodges" <tomhodges@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindwoodworker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:31:59 -0500

It was good to hear from someone on this list.

I've never used the black locust wood but hearing about it brought back a
lot of unpleasant memories.

I lived on 5 and a half acres in Florence, Kentucky about 30 years ago and
there were plenty of black locust trees around.  I especially remember the 2
to 4 inch long thorns that went right through my riding mower tires.  I also
remember getting stuck with those things and it would temporarily cause a
pain to run from your finger all the way up your arm.  I guess the is some
kind of poison in those thorns and they sure hurt.

Again, thanks for the memories.  Grin.

Regards, Tom