[blindreplay] Re: rm 6 and audio interference by Jaws

  • From: "Petro Giannakopoulos" <petrogia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 20:53:06 -0400

I am not using Windows 8 but Replay Music 6 in its settings if the input source
is set to audio driver JAWS speech does not get recorded while recording the
music.
Also, the other method which I use is,
Set your JAWS screen reader to use the computer's internal sound card. For me I
do the following keystroke to view which sound card JAWS is using by pressing,
insert+j+u+o
You will see which sound card device you are using.
If you buy an inexpensive USB sound device. The one I have is plug n play and
no software to install. Plus this USB sound card unit I have has a volume up
and down controls so you can adjust the volume. It has two female inputs. One
is for headphone out or audio output to a speakers input. 1/8 inch cable is
used. Not included with the USB sound card though. The other female input is
the microphone input where you can connect a microphone to. When I bought this
USB sound card they included a free USB extension cable which makes it easier
to connect the USB sound card or any USB device.
not sure if it supports Windows 8 the USB sound card. Read the description of
the unit or call the dealer.
Replay Music 6 input source is set to audio driver.
The advantages are
Use your computer and screen reader without being interfered.
Can lower the USB sound card volume via its up and down volume controls or
lower your speakers volume to which the USB sound card is connected to via the
1/8 inch jack.
Easy to monitor.
If you turn down the volume to low from the USB Sound card I have noticed that
RM6 will not identify your tracks so it might be best to keep it medium sound
level and instead turn down your spearker volume down. The speaker I am
referring about here is the external speaker and not your computer's speaker.

The key is you need to tell your Windows operating system the sound settings to
be
Playback: USB Sound Card device
Mine is called the C-Media....
Recording: USB Sound Card device
C-Media....
Choose Apply.
Choose Ok.

Write me offlist if you want the model I have and where I purchased it.