[blindreplay] Re: rm 6 and audio interference by Jaws

  • From: "Petro Giannakopoulos" <petrogia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 08:39:18 -0400

Bob
Double check this one more time. Open RM 6, press enter on the Settings button
to open its properties. Tab a few times until you hear input and locate the
text called audio drive in the combo box then tab to the OK and press enter to
save. Focus will now be on RM6 main user intrface. Choose the close button to
shut down RM 6. Locate RM 6 icon on your desktop and press enter to start up RM
6 again. Do a test recording and use your screen reader to see if it records
your screen reader's speech. Do you have one sound card or more? To eliminate
this issue and my opinion the simpliest is to buy a external USB sound card.
The one I have is plug n play and sold by a blind dealer. No CD or software is
used to install this sound card. JAWS will use your internal sound card while
this external USB sound card will play all your media like music streams. You
tell Windows 7 in sound settings, playback and recording to use this external
USB sound card and to be the default card. This USB sound card has a 1/8 inch
connector that you connect a 1/8 inch cable to it and the other end of this
cable connects to a speaker that has a 1/8 inch input so you can listen to your
music. You can turn down the speaker's volume all the way down and your music
still gets recorded for you. I am sure Dr. Wilson will contact you. Do you have
Skype? I am waiting for these new headphones and we can talk and possibly fix
your issue. If you don't have Skype you can call me by phone. Eastern time
zone. Contact me at
petrogia@xxxxxxxxx
for my phone number.
We could also try JAWS tandem session.