[blindreplay] Re: recording archived shows of This American Life

  • From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 14:37:01 -0700 (PDT)

Dean
I can capture the audio using the audio output method within Replay AV 8
recording tab page. Also leave it set to "general streaming". Once you have set
the recording tab page properties go to the basic tab page and enter the show
name and the stream URL for the show via copy and paste method then choose
which MP3 format you want in the combo box. I forgot to tell you that in the
recording tab page there is a checkbox to tell it that it is an archived
stream. There is no need to set a start and end time.

So start Replay AV 8, press "N" for enter new show to activate the edit show
properties dialog box and you will see the basic and recording tab pages.

The URL you want to add for show #322 is:
http://audio.thisamericanlife.org/player/CPRadio_player.php?podcast=http://www.thisamericanlife.org/xmlfeeds/322.xml&proxyloc=http://audio.thisamericanlife.org/player/customproxy.php

When done just go to Replay AV 8 listbox view where all your shows/stations
appear. Arrow down to the show you have just added manually and press your
applications keyboard key and choose "start recording/download" in the context
menu popup.

You will hear the show stream come on and you can use alt+tab to go back to the
Replay AV application and review the listbox view and you will notice it will
say "recording" after the show name text line.

Another tip
So if you need show 366 just change the number in original URl from 322.xml to
366.xml. Copy the URL and add it as new show to Replay AV 8.

I have not figured out a way to capture the streams siliently via stream
capture method.

I can if needed can send you this show 322 via yousendit.com

Petro