[blindreplay] recording archived shows of This American Life

  • From: "dean martineau" <dean92@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:13:07 -0700

Partly as an exercise, and mostly because I would like to record these
programs, ideally in the background so they don't interfere with what I'm
doing on the computer, I tried to record a program from the radio archive at

http://thislife.org/Radio_Archive.aspx

I took one program, used the Urlfinder to get the Url, and tried to schedule
a recording using Replay a/v.  When I tried to start the recording, nothing
was captured and conversion begtan immediately.  I also tried using
ZanZar.com to convert the file but it doesn't work with php files.  Here is
the Url I was trying to capture.  Can it be done somehow?

http://audio.thisamericanlife.org/player/pupuplayerPRO_custom.swf?feedURL=ht
tp://www.thisamericanlife.org/xmlfeeds/322.xml&feedloc=http://audio.thisamer
icanlife.org/player/customproxy.php

Thanks.