[blindreplay] Re: What Happened To Accessibility of Newest Replay A/V?

  • From: "Rob" <rarmstr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 00:17:23 -0400

When I got my Windows 7 PC, I had to change the theme to Windows 7 Basic
theme.

Press the Windows key which puts you in the search edit box.  The Windows
key is usually to the left of the alt key that is left of the space bar.

In the search edit box, type (without the quotes), "windows theme".  Do not
press enter yet.

JAWS should say "Change the Windows theme".  Press enter.

You may have to tab around in the dialog box that comes up.  You should find
a list of themes.  Whatever the current theme is will be spoken.  Arrow up
and down the list of themes to choose Windows 7 Basic theme if it is not
already the current theme.

After making this change, you may need to restart the computer.  I don't
remember if the change took effect immediately or only after a reboot.  If a
restart is required, you will probably get a notification when you save the
new theme choice.

JAWS should function better in many programs.

For more tips, you may consider the blindwindows7 group email list on Yahoo.
If you have a Yahoo ID, visit groups.yahoo.com and search for the
blindwindows7 group.

Rob Armstrong