[blindreplay] Re: I am using Replay AV 8.10

  • From: pasquale acquaviva <noahpeal73107@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 23:53:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi to Petro and the list,

Yes, as you travel up, down, or across with the
navigation arrows, some, but not all, of the menu
choices are spoken twice.  I don't know that that's
for Applian to resolve.  It seems like that would be
GW Micro's responsibility.

RAV7 had a different type of interface, where you
encountered different buttons as you traversed throu
them with the tab key.  All the buttons were spoken.
The ALT key did not produce a menu except for things
like Size, close, maximize, minimize etc.  In this
earlier version, the buttons were the important
partsof the interface.  This is strictly my personal
opinion, but I liked this former interface a lot
better.  there was no difficulty with navigating the
various choices associated with RAV7 using either JFW
or Window-Eyes.  I am not knowledgeable as to how
anyone might go about correcting this minor problem.

I use to visit the Net, where I could hear Jonathan
Mosen's tutorial for using RAV7.  Unfortunately,
however, I did not record the tutorial file.  And
because Jonathan works for JFW now, I suppose that
bars him from keeping that tutorial up on the Net.  I
learned to use RAV7 with the use of this tutorial.  A
good deal of it would still pertain to RAV8, but
that's water under the bridge now, inasmuch as it
seems to have disappeared forever.

It was Jonathan's recommendation that first prompted
me to acquire
RAV, and I've never regretted that decision.  Applian
is the maker of excellent software products for the
general computer-using population, and has proven
itself to be one of the few companies that listens to
the problems encountered by its blind users.  Applian
then goes on to resolve whatever problems they can
with admirable technical excellence.  Like you, Petro,
I commend them for this kind of genuine concern
and acctions that seem to be all too rare in today's
modern world, where, for the most part, the almighty
dollar is the only concern that companies seem to
have.  I am most proud and happy to know about, and do
business with, Applian.  Let them always continue to
prosper.

Best Regards
- --
Pat Acquaviva