[blindeudora] Re: Sounds suspend machine

  • From: mike gurney <m.gurney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:20:52 +0000

Hello Larry

It sounds as though quite a few of us are having the same problem. Sorry to admit that I don't have the slightest idea what to do about it. Thanks for replying, Larry. Perhaps the list owner or someone else may have an idea?

Best wishes

Mike.At 14:02 25/01/2007, you wrote:

Mike,
It happens to me as well. I also have the latest version of Eudora. I changed nothing in my settings. It happens even when JAWS is not running so I know the screen reader is not to blame. I have to wait about 15 seconds for the mail to begin to come down and for JAWS to begin reading the session download status of messages.
Thoughts?
Larry
At 03:06 AM 1-25-2007, you wrote:
Hello List

I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem. Shortly before Eudora plays a sound to announce the arrival of incoming emails, my machine is briefly suspended. It doesn't seem to matter which program I am using, the keyboard in particular, is frozen. Things I have written and actions I have taken are not passed through to the system.

Does anyone know if there is a way of avoiding this problem. It is causing some difficulties when using instant messaging programs.

Best wishes

Mike.

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

http://www.eset.com