[blindeudora] Re: Sounds suspend machine

  • From: Herzog <herzog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 20:51:50 -0500

It happens with Thunderbird also. My workaround is to go offline, because it bugs me to type a sentence, and then find half is missing.

But I do want the antivirus to have priority; viruses take hours to remove.
This is true with AVG and with another antivirus program.  Will

Donna wrote:
Yes mine does the same thing i am using eudora six
Donna
And so does the a v g program i can hardly type when it is scanning and i have one gig of memory so that is not the problem.At 03:06 AM 1/25/2007, you wrote:

Hello List

I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem. Shortly before Eudora plays a sound to announce the arrival of incoming emails, my machine is briefly suspended. It doesn't seem to matter which program I am using, the keyboard in particular, is frozen. Things I have written and actions I have taken are not passed through to the system.

Does anyone know if there is a way of avoiding this problem. It is causing some difficulties when using instant messaging programs.

Best wishes

Mike.

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora