[blindeudora] Re: Eudora with jaws 18;

  • From: Donna <donnam1014@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 09:28:46 -0700

For me it is a lap top just installed eudora but scripts will not seem to work and it is windows seven..I have no idea what the key strokes would be for thunder bird how can I find that out.. DonnaAt 09:08 AM 8/28/2017, you wrote:

Hi, Donna,

Just now I am using windows Live Mail, because Eudora has given me the dreaded certificate error and I can't fix it. GRRRRRRR!

Since Windows 10 updated to the Creator's edition, eudora is not functioning well with JAWS, although with NVDA it's doing fine. When I open a message in eudora the cursor moves to the bottom of the screen--the line that says "to unsubscribe ..." I have to press control+home to get to the top of the page,, and sometimes that only works after I up-arrow a time or two. On this machine Eudora does not change the status of the email; everything is unread. On my lap top, though, the status does change.

FS no longer supports Eudora. They recommend Outlook or Thunderbird. My understanding is that Thunderbird is similar to Eudora, but I haven't used it. One of my students is using it, and likes it a lot.

All that being said, I may not be the best person to help with eudora. I wonder where Curtis Delser is. Maybe on the JAWS list. He and Ratjmond, which I can't spell (used to be Northstar something), are the real experts.

I wish you luck, and will be glad to do anything I can to help; but I sure can't promise results.

Sorry about that,

Ann