[blind-chess] Re: Transcribers...

  • From: Roderick Macdonald <rmacd@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 16:52:35 -1000 (HST)

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for the information. Yes, I have been to the NLS site, and also have a list of transcribers from the National Braille Press. I just thought that if you had already come across a transcribing group where familiarity with chess existed, it would save a lot of trial-and-error.

I had a local transcriber do "Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess", which has a lot of diagrams. I provided specific instructions on converting a visual diagram into FRT notation. The result was so-so - I had to ask a few times for them to check the diagram again because it did not "check out" at my end.

Ah, well, we'll get there. Thanks again for the info.

Rod