[blind-chess] Re: Asking for U.S. Chess History: Article 1

  • From: "Hugh Pharis" <h62730mp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 19:43:04 -0400

Thanks for the effort, friend! I hope you didn't strain yourself! (grin)
Can your eminence believe that I've been trying to help your illustrious
dictator (on my own,of course) by trying to find possible Braille transcribers
who might be willing to take on a project of putting chess diagrams into
Braille?

I have a manual for the little electronic chess game Mary gave me for Christmas
ten years ago; andI  fortunately found, with the library for the blind's
assistance, one who knew chess and was able to transcribe that manual with all
the diagrams into Braille for me at a reasonable cost.   ---

So if your boss and his cronies are willing to cough up enough to some of the
Braille volunteers to transcribe some of the chess books into Braille, more
power to them.

In fact, I found quite a few in Florida alone with whom Mr. D might make
contact. Why not go to the NLS website and see what possibilities you may find
in Pennsylvania.  Go to the "Braille Transcriber" link. And! have! fun!