[blind-chess] Transcribers...

  • From: Roderick Macdonald <rmacd@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 14:04:00 -1000 (HST)

Hi Hugh,

If you have located transcribers that can handle chess books, including the diagrams, would you please share that information with me? I have our local Library for the Blind so some "stuff" for me but the result wasn't too brilliant. I am still looking and am willing to pay for it. The really hard thing is to find a transcriber who can transcribe a chess book that uses "figurine algebraic notation", where the pieces are depicted not by letters (K, Q, R, B, N, P) but with graphical images of the pieces, which a scanner cannot interpret without specialized software. Anyway, if you know of any please do let me know.

Mahalo nui loa. (Thanks very much, in Hawaiian)

Rod