[blind-chess] Policy change on other tournaments

  • From: "alvin blazik" <ablazik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 19:05:23 -0400

I agree with your policy as stated. In fact, I filed my Tournament game with
Carol with the Blind
Chess group and then as a friendly game with Carol at the USBCA.
Alvin

Hi All,

In the welcome letter I sent members after the first few that joined this list,
I stated that we
would rate all games including other tournaments as long as both players were
members of this list.

I think that will eventually lead to unsymmetrical results where tournaments
are concerned and so I
am proposing that tournament games sponsored by other groups either be excluded
or be treated as
friendly games for rating purposes.

To date only two game scores are affected by this change and I can easily
remove the games from my
records.  If I wait until there are many such games it will be a lot of work,
so I want this decided
quickly.  I will adjust the affected players so there is no loss in their
current rating.

If you have comments or questions on this proposal please let me know right
away.

Richard